We're really proud of what we achieve, together, as a network.
In April 2018 the University of Edinburgh undertook research to assess the scale and impact of our work.
They found that:
- Members of the SMP represent a community of more than 109,000 Scots and 208,000 Malawians, working actively in partnership together each year.
- SMP members contribute more than £49 million of activity to their links with Malawi each year.
- The work done by members of the SMP benefits BOTH Malawi and Scotland. Each year more than 304,000 Scots and 8.5 million Malawians benefit from this activity.
In May 2018 the SMP commissioned new research which interviewed 449 randomly selected Scots:
It found that:
- 44% of Scots personally know someone actively involved in a link with Malawi;
- 77% of Scots are in favour of links with Malawi