Youth & Schools Forum
We were pleased to welcome attendees to our Youth and Schools Forum to share experiences on the theme of: youth perspectives and partnership inspiration.Start time 16:30 (UK) / 17:30 (Malawi) End time 17:30 (UK) / 18:30 (Malawi) Location Zoom
We were pleased to welcome attendees to another Youth and Schools Forum to share experiences on the theme of: youth perspectives and partnership inspiration. This was another special collaborative event between SMP and our partner office in Malawi, MaSP (Malawi Scotland Partnership).
Youth leaders, teachers and educators in Scotland and Malawi were warmly welcomed on Tuesday 5th October 2021 4.30-5.30pm Scotland / 5.40-6.40pm Malawi.
This event allowed the audience to:
- Learn from each other and in open dialogue live between our two countries
- Pave a way forward together for the next academic and youth work year
- Hear spotlighted perspectives of young people, youth leaders and teachers in both countries
- Engage in break out discussion groups
This session focused firstly on listening to the stories and opinions of young people who have been involved in partnerships so far – what the highlights and challenges are, and what has been the legacy for them. We will also hear from youth leaders and teachers who are exploring questions around ethics, travel, money and climate as we look to the future.
- Members of the Scotland Malawi Partnership Youth Committee - Rachel Cameron and Max Conway
- Fraser Boyd - Captain of Stirling 25th Dunblane Boy’s Brigade – Partnered with Likhubula region, Malawi
- Lauren Donald - St Maurice's High School, Cumbernauld - Partnered with Nkhamenya Girls School, central region, Malawi
- Teacher Peter Mchenga and student Steven Milosi from Njale Primary School