Meeting with Scottish Government International Development Minister, Neil Gray MSP
Missed this meeting? You can find the recording on this page and read the chat log here.
Members of the SMP and our sister network, the Malawi Scotland Partnership (MaSP), joined us for a digital meeting with the Scottish Government’s Minister for Culture, Europe and International Development, Mr Neil Gray MSP.
The meeting was a chance for members to hear directly from the Minister about his priorities coming to post and to brief the Minister on key areas of activity between Scotland and Malawi.
Neil Gray MSP has been a kind supporter of Scotland’s civic links with Malawi, both as an MP (where he was a founding member of the Malawi All-Party Parliamentary Group in Westminster) and an MSP. Since taking office he has given a strong message of support for the work of the SMP, MaSP and the other core funded networks.
- 0:00 Welcome and purpose of meeting - David Hope-Jones and Stella Masangano
- 11:08 Remarks from Minister - Minister Neil Gray MSP
- Three micro case studies from the SMP
18:16 Link Education - Sam Ross
21:43 Turing Trust - James Turing
24:23 St Margaret's High School - Andy McKay
- Three micro case studies from MaSP
28:37 Njale and Mapanga partnership - Peter Mchenga
33:18 Reach out for life - Itcan Mpithi
36:55 Classrooms for Malawi - Dezie Trigu
- 43:08 Closing remarks and Q&A - Minister Neil Gray MSP, David Hope-Jones and Stella Masangano