Further and Higher Education Forum
The SMP's Further and Higher Education Forum met on 20th September to present their work with Malawi, share learning and explore opportunities for collaboration.
On Wednesday 20th September SMP's Further and Higher Education Forum met at the Edinburgh City Chambers.
The meeting allowed updates to be shared on various member activities, feedback from collaborative funding applications and upcoming funding opportunities.
Watch the highlights of the event and all presentations below.
Read the agenda here >>
Updates were presented by the following members:
- Susan Flynn and Akuzike Kamwanja, Chifundo UK and Chanasa Malawi - Malawi Tuition Fees and funding for female university scholarships at public-funded universities in Malawi [Presentation] [Handout] [Video]
- Mia Perry, University of Glasgow - The Sustainable Futures in Africa Network; MALBOP: Malawi – Biology of Parasitology [Presentation] [Video]
- Carol Clements, University of Strathclyde - IMMPAQKT: Impact on Malaria, Maternal health and the Prognosis for Aids by Quality Assurance [Presentation] [Video]
- Julie Struthers, University of St. Andrews - Enhancing Medical & Healthcare Training; Strengthening IT Capacity [Presentation] [Video]
- Alistair Tough, University of Glasgow - Health information management and medical record keeping systems in Malawi – a preliminary investigation [Presentation] [Video]
- Karl Magee, University of Stirling - The Peter Mackay Archive Project [Presentation] [Video]
- John Kirkland, Association of Commonwealth Universities - Update on Commonwealth Scholarships [Presentation] [Video]
Read the precis here >>
Read the draft minutes here >>