Scottish Government International Development Programme Info Sessions
03 October 2022
The Scottish Government (SG) are holding information sessions on Zoom to update stakeholders on international development programme post-2023. We encourage members to attend and to encourage and support participation of their Malawian partners.
There are three information sessions but all cover the same material, so please only book on to one:
- Friday 7 October: 11:00-12:15 UK time / 12:00-13:15 Malawi time: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/429702219907
- Monday 10 October: 13:00-14:15 UK time / 14:00 -15:15 Malawi time: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/429743202487
- Friday 14 October: 09:00-10:15 UK time / 10:00-11:15 Malawi time: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/429747986797
Those with a particular interest in Climate Justice are encouraged to join either the Friday 7th or Friday 14th sessions but not Monday 10th as, due to the upcoming Loss and Damage Conference, the Climate Justice team will not be in this session.
The sessions will be led by the SG International Development Team, with a presentation to provide an update on future shape of their Programme for 2023+, next steps in terms of funding opportunities, and will give space for participants to ask questions.
During 2021/22, the SG have been working on and designing new programming to take effect from 2023, which will be in line with the outcomes of their 2021 Review (see more info on that below). Their new programming will therefore include funding:
- under a new equalities programme
- to support sustainable recovery from COVID
- to support institutional resilience
- ongoing funding to support global solidarity/global citizenship
Further, as both an objective, and as a mainstreamed priority in all spending, the SG will:
- ensure feminist approach is mainstreamed in spending
- mainstream climate justice considerations
- take a decolonised/BLM lens on our investments in supporting to shift power South.
- align with the International Development Principles (from our 2021 Review)
In light of the COVID-19 Pandemic the SG carried out a review of their approach to international development. The outcomes of that Review were announced to the Scottish Parliament in March 2022.
Further info - Background to/Implementation of our Review