2016 Scotland Malawi Partnership Member Awards
27 July 2016
The Scotland Malawi Partnership is excited to launch its inaugural Member Awards programme.
The Scotland Malawi Partnership is excited to launch its inaugural Member Awards programme!
We have six award categories our members can nominate themselves for.
- School Partnership Award - enter here >>
- Business and Innovation Award - enter here >>
- Diaspora Award - enter here >>
- Youth Award - enter here >>
- Church or Community Partnership Award - enter here >>
- NGO Award - enter here >>
1. Click the relevant link and answer the three online questions.
2. Submit a photo OR one-minute video about your Malawi partnership (these should be sent to Jackie - jackie(at)scotland-malawipartnership.org)
3. Join us at our AGM on Saturday 8th October to find out if you've won!
The final deadline for entries is 20th September 2016 but we encourage members to submit as early as possible.
Those seeking support filming videos should have contacted the SMP before the end of August.
All those who enter will be promoted on our website, at events and on social media: it’s a great way to raise awareness of your work, build new links, and celebrate your achievements.
Winners from each category will be announced at the SMP’s 8th October AGM in Glasgow, they will:
- receive a trophy and a special prize from Malawi;
- be given the opportunity to give an inspiring three-minute presentation about their work to hundreds of our members and partners.
- be profiled on the SMP website and on social media;
Winners will also be featured in associated media work and will be able to use a special award emblem on their website and publications if they wish.
- School Partnership Award: For an inspiring school to school link
- Business and Innovation Award: For a private sector link (trade, investment, tourism) boosting Malawian economic growth or an innovative new idea, approach or technology
- Diaspora Award: For any Malawian individual in Scotland that’s helping drive the people-to-people and nation-to-nation friendship.
- Youth Award: For an inspiring young person under the age of 24 engaged in a Malawi link.
- Church or Community Partnership Award: For a faith-based link or community group that is Transforming lives in both countries.
- NGO Award: For a charity, SCIO or NGO working with Malawi
Of course, the SMP isn’t really about competition between members, with winners and losers: we know all our members have an incredible story to tell about how they’re transforming lives through dignified partnership.
We hope the Member Awards are a fun and engaging way to help members tell their story, and of celebrating the impact all the many people-to-people links are having.
So we encourage as many members as possible to be involved.