JOIN THE SECRETARY OF STATE FOR SCOTLAND AT OUR TENTH AGM
#SMPAGM places are going fast!
Email or call us on 0131 529 3164 to book your place today!
The Scotland Malawi Partnership invites members and partners to join us the for our tenth AGM on Saturday 3rd October. All are welcome.
It'll be a fun and engaging afternoon which will help launch the UN's new Global Goals in Scotland. We're excited to have a special announcement about how are members and community groups across Scotland can get involved in the new goals.
We will also have a free raffle to win a once in a lifetime 'experience Northern Malawi package' including a full eight-day, lodge based, self-drive safari with two nights in Nyika National Park and two nights by Lake Malawi.
We are delighted to have a number of really special speakers, including:
- Rt Hon. David Mundell MP, the Secretary of State for Scotland;
- H.E. Kena Mphonda, Malawi High Commissioner to the UK;
- May East, representing the UN;
- Lisa Cameron MP, of the UK Parliament's International Development Committee, who will be fresh back from the UN;
- Andrew Namakhoma, new Chair of the Malawi Scotland Partnership;
And other very special guests including a number of Scottish MPs, government representatives.
Places are fast booking up but we are committed to making space to all who wish to join us - do bring friends and family that want to learn more.
When: Saturday 3rd October
Where: Stewart's Melville College, Edinburgh
Time: 2pm-6pm (with Malawi GnT's served from 6-6.30pm)
Directions to the venue
From the M8:
- At Hermiston junction (the end of the M8) roundabout take the 1st exit merging onto the Edinburgh City Bypass - A720 (signposted Edinburgh Airport, Edinburgh North).
- At Gogar Roundabout take 2nd exit merging on to Glasgow Road - A8 (signposted City Centre).
- At Drumbrae Roundabout go straight ahead passing Edinburgh Zoo. Turn left onto Murrayfield Road.
- Turn right at lights on to Ravelston Dykes for Stewart's Melville College.
From the Forth Road Bridge
- Follow the A90 (Queensferry Road) for 6 miles into Edinburgh turning right at the roundabout on to Queensferry Terrace (the roundabout is approximately ½ mile past the Craigleith Shopping Centre, Sainsbury's etc).
- At traffic lights turn left for Stewart's Melville College.
Parking is available.
Haymarket Station is 10 minutes by car or taxi, and the main line Waverley Station is 25 minutes by car or taxi.