President Mutharika has maintained a 20-member Cabinet. Key changes in the 7th November 2018 reshuffle include:
Anna Kachikho replaced by Jean Kalilani as Minister of Land, Housing and Urban Development.
Welani Chilenga joins Cabinet as Deputy Minister of Natural Resources Energy and Mining,
Charles Mchacha, formerly Ministry of Home Affairs, is deputising Nicholas Dausi at the Ministry of Homeland Security. Dausi has been moved to the renamed ministry and has been replaced at the Ministry of Information and Communications Technology by Henry Mussa. The Department of Disaster Management Affairs will be under the Ministry of Homeland Security.
Amoni Mailosi has been made Deputy Minister of Defence.
Ntcheu North East Member of Parliament, Everton Chimulirenji has been promoted to Minister of Civic Education, Culture and Community Development from Deputy Minister of Defence. He has replaced Cecilia Chazama who is now heading the Ministry of Gender, Children, Disability and Social Welfare.
Grace Chiumia has returned to the Ministry of Labour, Youth, Sports and Manpower Development which was held by Francis Kasaila who has been moved to the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Tourism.
The Office of the President has also announced that Kalekeni Kaphale will return as Attorney General following the resignation of Charles Mhango.
Full Cabinet list as at 7th November 2018:
- President, Minister of Defence and Commander-In- Chief of the Malawi Defence Force – His Excellency Professor Arthur Peter Mutharika
- Minister of Finance, Economic Planning and Development – Hon. Goodall Gondwe
- Minister of Information and Communications Technology –Hon. Henry Mussa MP
- Minister of Lands, Housing and Urban Development – Hon. Dr Jean Kalilani MP
- Minister of Local Government and Rural Deve lopment – Hon Kondwani Nankhumwa MP
- Minister of Health and Population – Hon Atupele Muluzi MP
- Minister of Industry, Trade and Tourism – Hon Francis Kasaila MP
- Minister of Agriculture, Irrigation and Water Development – Hon Joseph Mwanamvekha MP
- Minister of Education, Science and Technology – Hon Bright Msaka SC
- Minister of Justice and Constitutional Affairs – Hon. Samuel Tembenu SC
- Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation –Dr Emmanuel Fabiano MP
- Minister of Labour, Youth, Sports and Manpower Development – Hon. Grace Chiumia MP
- Minister of Transport and Public Works – Hon Jappie Mhango MP
- Minister of Homeland Security – Hon Nicholas Dausi
- Minister of Gender, Children, Disability and Social Welfare –Hon. Cecilia Chazama MP
- Minister of Natural Resources, Energy and Mining – Hon. Aggrey Masi MP
- Minister of Civic Education, Culture and Community Development – Hon. Everton Chimulireni
- Deputy Minister of Homeland Security – Hon. Charles Mchacha MP
- Deputy Minister of Defence – Hon. Amos Mailosi MP
- Deputy Minister of Natural Resources, Energy – Hon. Welani Chilenga MP