Writing a Good Grant Application for the Scottish Government Small Grants Programme
On 2 November we held a joint training session with NIDOS, with expert fundraiser Judith Lowes on how to make your grant application the strongest it can be, how to develop a credible and effective budget that fully covers your costs, and how to avoid common mistakes and pitfalls.
The workshop was targeted at staff, trustees and volunteers of small international development organisations, who have some previous knowledge and experience on developing grant applications.
The training covered items on:
- From good to great: tips for making your grant application the strongest it can be.
- Structuring your application: essential elements.
- Common mistakes and how to avoid them.
- Tips for effective budgeting.
- Covering core costs: the role of full cost recovery and other useful strategies.
If you would like a copy of the materials from the training programme please email Charlie.