SMP Roadtrip - Edinburgh
It would be great if you could join us for the Edinburgh event (at City Chambers, 19th May 17:30-20:00). In addition to promoting the work of all our members across all our areas of partnership, this themed discussion for this event will focus on Governance via a special meeting of the Malawi Governance Forum from 15:00-17:00.
Venue: Edinburgh City Chambers
We're touring the country hoping to meet as many members as possible to ask what YOU want US to do for the next three years.
As a member-led organisation, we aim to inspire, support and co-ordinate all of Scotland's civic-society links with Malawi - so come along on the 19th May, say hello, and tell us all about your Malawi link and how we can help your partnership grow.
- Take the 3-minute challenge and tell everyone about your Malawi link - we're looking for the most inspiring 3-minute presentation in Scotland. Great prizes to be won; [Let us know when booking a place if would like to give 3-min presentation about your Malawi link]
- Meet others locally with Malawi partnerships: share your experience and make new links;
- Meet local MPs and MSPs and tell them about your work with Malawi
> Ian Murray MP (Labour), Edinburgh South - Shaddow Secretary of State for Scotland and Shaddow Minister for Business, Innovation and Skills
> Joanna Cherry QC MP (SNP), Edinburgh South West - Shadow SNP Westminster Group Leader (Justice and Home Affairs)
- Tell the Scotland Malawi Partnership what you want us to do to support your work 2017-20 (final consultation into Strategic Plan);
- Represent your Malawi links in the local media;
- Make a 30-second video telling us about your link with Malawi;
- Meet the SMP team, have your say and catch up over an MGT;
- Enjoy Malawian music, tea, coffee and gin!
Directly before the Edinburgh Road Trip event we have a discussion event looking at land rights - a key issue for almost all our partners.
his is running 16.00-17.30 in the same room with speakers from Edinburgh, Malawi, Zimbabwe and Botswana. Click here for details. All are welcome to both sessions. We'll run from one to the next with just a coffee break in between.