Scotland Malawi Partnership Education Round Table
The Scotland Malawi Partnership hosted an education roundtable meeting in December 2014 which brought together key stakeholders engaged in both the delivery of education projects in Malawi and development education work in Scotland. Feedback suggested this was a useful opportunity to share experience and facilitate joint-working between these groups. It was agreed that the SMP would look to periodically bring these stakeholders together to continue these discussions and so hosted a second Education Round Table on 15th November 2016.
On 15th November 2016 the SMP hosted a full day Education Round Table bringing together key stakeholders engaged in both the delivery of education projects in Malawi and development education work in Scotland.
The aims for the event were:
Morning session: EDUCATION PROJECTS IN MALAWI
- To discuss education in Malawi and new developments in this field
- To consider Malawian priorities in the education sector and what can be done to support these areas
- To hear more about the work that other organisations are doing in Malawi
- To explore areas for potential collaboration and development
Afternoon session: MALAWI LINKS/DEVELOPMENT EDUCATION IN SCOTLAND
- To discuss development education in Scotland and importance of joint-working
- To consider challenges faced working in Scottish schools and discuss key learning points and how these challenges can be overcome
- To identify areas of potential synergy in development education in Scotland and agree key actions that we can carry out in Scotland with partners here as a result of this round table