Further & Higher Education Forum
Alongside our sister network, the Malawi Scotland Partnership, and Forum Chair, Dr Yonah Matemba, we were delighted to welcome all attendees to the Further and Higher Education Forum on Wednesday this week.
Malawi’s Research priorities were shared by Mr Frank Kamanga of Malawi’s National Planning Commission and Malawi's Deputy High Commissioner to the UK, Justice Agnes Patemba joined a discussion on the importance of Gender Mainstreaming. MaSP CEO Stella Masangano also shared MaSP’s plan to support the co-ordination of Research in Malawi to strengthen further links between FEHE institutions in Malawi and Scotland.
Members are warmly encouraged to update their entry in the new ONLINE SMP Further & Higher Education Directory! Thanks to the SMP’s Jade for her brilliant work in digitising the Directory.
- Chair’s Welcome & Introduction, Digitising the SMP’s Further & Higher Education Directory - Dr Yonah Matemba, Forum Chair
- How to use the new digital Further & Higher Education Directory - Jade Stein, Media & Coms Officer, the SMP
- Update & Overview on the Government of Malawi’s Priorities for Research - Malawi’s National Planning Commission: Mr Frank Kamanga
- Proposing a Malawi Research Co-ordination Unit - Stella Masangano, MaSP CEO
- Q&A & Discussion - Dr Yonah Matemba
- Mainstreaming Gender - David Hope-Jones & Stella Masangano, CEOS of SMP & MaSP respectively
- FE/HE Institutional Updates – 60 seconds each for as many to be heard as possible - All
- Conclusions & Actions for the Secretariat - David Hope-Jones, SMP CEO
- Chair’s closing remarks - Dr Yonah Matemba
- Meeting ends