Resources and information:
Funding for Scottish-based organisations:
We are aware of the following funding opportunities for Scottish-based organisations affected by Covid-19:
- Third Sector Resilience Fund - a £20m emergency fund for charities, community groups, social enterprises and voluntary organisations which find themselves in financial difficulties directly as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Community Response, Recovery & Resilience Fund - the National Emergencies Trust has set up a Coronavirus Appeal to raise funds for local charities and grassroots organisations that can provide vital support - funds for Scottish organisations will be distributed by Foundation Scotland.
- Creative Scotland - three funding programmes have been launched to help provide further support to sustain the country’s creative community impacted by coronavirus.
- CAF Coronavirus Emergency Fund - grants of up to £10,000 to help smaller organisations to continue to deliver much needed support.
- Corra Foundation – a series of unrestricted immediate micro-grants have been offered directly to 31 organisations who have held Scottish Government small grants with Corra in the last year to help support their activities overseas and their partners at this difficult time (this is not an open grant call and is only open to these 31 organisations).
Further funding information and links are available on the Coronavirus Third Sector Information Hub funding page.
We recognise there is strong interest in Malawi in the situation in Malawi so we will endeavor to keep this page updated with links to relevant news items regarding the spread of Coronavirus (Covid-19) in Scotland. We are grateful for the messages of support and solidarity received, at this difficult time, from our friends in Malawi.
Scotland's coronavirus record flattered by contrasts with south Financial Times, 2nd June
Coronavirus in Scotland: Half of deaths now in care homes BBC News, 29 April
What is Scotland's strategy for easing the coronavirus lockdown? BBC News, 23 April
Quarter of Scottish coronavirus deaths in care homes BBC News 15th April
Coronavirus in Scotland LIVE: updates as scientists review impact of lockdown The Scotsman, Tuesday 14th April
Coronavirus in Scotland - Who is dying and where? BBC Scotland News, 8th April
Coronavirus Scotland: 366 die from virus as confirmed cases reach 45657 Daily Record, 8th April
Coronavirus in Scotland, warning over economic impact of lockdown BBC News 8th April
Schools will stay shut for ‘foreseeable future’ after claims England’s will reopen after Easter The Scottish Sun, 8th April
Coronavirus; How does Scotland's prevalence compare to the rest of the UK? The National, 8th April
Coronavirus: Scotland's chief medical officer resigns over lockdown trips BBC News 6th April