Vacancy: Youth & Schools Officer
Following fantastic work, inspiring and supporting youth and schools' links between Scotland and Malawi, our brilliant Youth & Schools Officer Luisa is moving on to new opportunities. Applications are now invited for this exciting and dynamic role.
We're looking to recruit a committed, energetic and engaging new Youth and Schools Officer to continue the Partnership's outstanding youth and schools' programme. This is anessential and highly visible part of the Scotland-Malawi relationship, and we require an individual who is able to think innovatively and strategically and work with a high degree of professional autonomy, managing a variety of projects, maintaining key professional working relationships across the sector.
The SMP is an equal opportunities employer, and we are keen to increase our diversity and inclusivity across all aspects of our organisation. We encourage applications from different backgrounds, especially from the Malawian diaspora community.
Anyone who has the right to work in the UK is welcome to apply, but we would encourage potential applicants first to check that they feel they meet the Person Specification well and are a strong match for the Job Description outlined in the Application Pack, in order to make best use of their time and minimize disappointment. Young people are at the very heart of the Scotland-Malawi relationship and this is a brilliant role for someone with the right experience, enthusiasm, commitment and values.
- Deadline: Completed Application Forms and a current CV should be returned by 9am Friday 17th June 2022.
- The completion of Equal Opportunities Forms is entirely optional.
- Interviews: Shortlisted candidates are likely to be interviewed in Edinburgh on Tuesday 28th June 2022 and applicants are invited to keep that date free, please.
- Flexibility: The SMP is keen to attract the best candidate for this role and may be able to offer flexibility on the terms of employment to ensure this. For example, the SMP would consider:
- a job share
- making the role part-time (four-days a week) to increase the pro rata salary to £34,235, if this was required to secure the best candidate and commensurate with their professional experience.
- other requests to support diversity, inclusivity and making the best possible appointment.
Please find all relevant documents below: