At the October 2015 SMP AGM, David Hope-Jones, our Principal Officer, and Malawi Scotland Partnership Chair, Andrew Namakhoma, challenged Humza Yousaf, Minister for Europe and External Affairs, to take part in the UN's #DizzyGoals, helping to promote the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The UN Global Goals campaign says: "Football is one of the world’s most powerful communication tools–reaching young and old in every corner of the world.
"Gareth Bale, Gary Lineker, Alan Shearer, Liverpool FC, Spurs and Crystal Palace FC are among those taking part in the Dizzy Goals Challenge to raise awareness of The Global Goals.
"We’re asking everyone to join the biggest team ever and help us to Tell Everyone about the Goals."
The SMP want to raise as much awareness as possible in Scotland and Malawi for the UN's Sustainable Development Goals - but we need your help!
Film your own Dizzy Penalty and share it with us!
- Find 2 footballs and find a goal (jumpers as goalposts will do)
- Line up the balls at least 6m apart
- Put your hand on the ball and spin round it 13 times
- Run to the other ball and try to shoot a goal
- Nominate a friend/politician/celebrity to film their own Dizzy Penalty
- Upload your video with the hashtag #DizzyGoals and make sure to tag @ScotlandMalawi on Twitter